|Early August 2016||
Student & TA registration opens
Ambassador registration opens
CyberGuide registration opens
Virtual Judge registration opens
|November 2, 2016||Early registration ends (deadline to receive free STEM kit)|
|December 7, 2016||Student & TA registration ends|
|February 22, 2017 11:59 PM ET||
CyberGuides last day online
CyberGuide registration ends
Virtual Judge registration ends
Final day to submit Mission Folders
|March 8 – 24, 2017||Virtual Judging|
|March 29, 2017||Potential State Winners and Regional Finalists contacted for validation|
|April 7, 2017 11:59 PM ET||Potential State Winners’ and Regional Finalists’ validation forms due|
|April 10 – 21, 2017||Equipment testing for Regional Judging video conference|
|April 24 - 27, 2017||Regional Judging|
|Week of May 1, 2017||Announce State Winners|
|Week of May 8, 2017||Announce National Finalists|
|Late June 2017||National Judging & Educational Event|
Notes regarding the timeline:
- Potential winner validation includes review of the team make-up and Mission Folder contents. Quick adjustments will need to be made if any State Winning Teams must be disqualified. Actions that could lead to disqualification:
- Students on one team are from different grades or states
- Students or their parents do not have a Social Security Number for savings bonds
- Team Advisor is unable to certify the start date of research as on or after April 1, 2016.
- Any competition rules are found to be violated.
- Regional Finalists will be determined by overall score from Virtual Judging. The top three scores in each grade in each region will advance to the regional judging.
- Regional Judges will be provided a copy of the team’s Mission Folder electronically for advance reviews.
- The Regional Judging Panel will be conducted via an online video conference with each Regional Finalist Team:
- Team presentation to Regional Judges (4 minutes)
- Regional Panel Q&A (3 minutes)
- All Regional Judging will take place during the week of April 24, 2017.