2017-2018 Competition Calendar
|First week of August, 2017||
Student & TA registration opens
Ambassador registration opens
CyberGuide registration opens
Virtual Judge registration opens
|November 8, 2017||Early registration ends (deadline to receive free STEM kit)|
|December 13, 2017||Student & TA registration ends|
|February 28, 2018||
CyberGuides' last day online
Virtual Judge registration ends
CyberGuide registration ends
Final day to submit Mission Folders
|March 14 – 30, 2018||Virtual Judging|
|April 9, 2018||Potential State Winners and Regional Finalists contacted for validation|
|April 13, 2018 11:59 PM ET||Potential winners' validation forms due|
|April 16 - 20, 2018||Equipment testing for Regional Judging video conference|
|April 23 - 27, 2018||Regional Judging|
|Early May 2018||State Winners, Regional Finalists, and National Finalists Announced|
|End of June, 2018||National Judging & Educational Event|
Notes regarding the timeline:
- Potential winner validation includes review of the team make-up and Mission Folder contents. Quick adjustments will need to be made if any State Winning Teams must be disqualified. Actions that could lead to disqualification:
- Students on one team are from different grades or states
- Students or their parents do not have a Social Security Number for savings bonds
- Team Advisor is unable to certify the start date of research as on or after April 1, 2017.
- Any competition rules are found to be violated.
- Regional Finalists will be determined by overall score from Virtual Judging. The top three scores in each grade in each region will advance to the regional judging.
- Regional Judges will be provided a copy of the team’s Mission Folder electronically for advance reviews.
- The Regional Judging Panel will be conducted via an online video conference with each Regional Finalist Team:
- Team presentation to Regional Judges (4 minutes)
- Regional Panel Q&A (3 minutes)
- All Regional Judging will take place during the week of April 23, 2018.