How to Compete
Overview[Back to top]
1 - Get Your Team Ready[Back to top]
Is your team complete? Are all your players in position? Do you have a Team Advisor?
Each team must have three or four student members from the same state. All team members must register and join the team by the end of Registration – December 13, 2017.
Each team must have one Team Advisor
- A Team Advisor must be at least 21 years old and can be a teacher, parent, a sports coach, a club leader or any other active community member.
- A Team Advisor must have access to an active email account.
- A Team Advisor must register and join the team by the end of registration – December 13, 2017!
For more information on working together as a team, go to Help.
2 - Choose A Mission Challenge[Back to top]
Once your team is in place, you will pick a Mission Challenge. eCYBERMISSION is all about using Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to solve a real problem in your community. Your team will research and conduct experiments to find a solution.
Your team can choose one of the following Mission Challenges:
- Alternative Sources of Energy
- Food, Health & Fitness
- Forces & Motion
- National Security & Safety
Click on the Mission Challenge button on your Home Page to get more information!
For more information on Mission Challenges and using Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics go to Help
3 - Work On Your Mission Challenge[Back to top]
Once you’ve chosen a Mission Challenge, you’re ready to get started. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Research your problem, write a hypothesis, and conduct experiments.
- Use Team Talk to meet with your team online or ask a CyberGuide questions. Log on to our Discussion Forums to talk to other competing teams or our CyberGuides in over 100 different topics from how to get started to how to grow green algae!
- Answer ALL of the questions in your Mission Folder, and attach files such as photographs, survey questions, or even your own website.
- Use CyberGuides who are who are experts in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics careers to help you with your project.
- Follow the links in the Mission Folder to resources like Help and Team Talk.
For more information on working on your Mission Folder, go to Help.
4 - Submit Your Mission Folder[Back to top]
At the end of the competition, you will submit your Mission Folder.
Before you submit, you will:
- Make sure you answered all of the sections of your Mission Folder.
- Ask your Team Advisor to review your work.
- Check the box next to your name to show it is complete.
- Click submit before the competition deadline, February 28, 2018.
For more information on submitting your Mission Folder, go to Help.