2020-2021 Competition Timeline
|August 12, 2020||
Student & Team Advisor Registration Opens
Volunteer Registration Opens
|November 11, 2020||
Early Registration Ends
Deadline To Receive Free STEM Kit (Students Must Be On A Complete Team to Qualify)
|January 6, 2021||Team and TA Registration Ends. Last Chance to Finalize Your Team!|
|March 3, 2021||
Mission Folder Submission Deadline!
Volunteer Registration Ends
|March 16 - 31, 2021||Virtual Judging|
|April 26 - 30, 2021||Regional Judging|
|Early May 2021||State Winners, Regional Finalists, and National Finalists Announced|
|June 20 - 25, 2021||National Judging & Educational Event|
Notes regarding the timeline:
Potential winner validation includes review of the team make-up and Mission Folder contents. Quick adjustments will need to be made if any State Winning Teams must be disqualified. Actions that could lead to disqualification:
- Students on one team are from different grades or states.
- Students or their parents do not have a Social Security Number for savings bonds.
- Team Advisor is unable to certify the start date of research as on or after April 1, 2020.
- Any competition rules are found to be violated.
Regional Finalists will be determined by overall score from Virtual Judging. The top three scores in each grade in each region will advance to regional judging.
Regional Judges will be provided a copy of the team’s Mission Folder electronically for advance reviews. The Regional Judging Panel will be conducted via an online video conference with each Regional Finalist Team:
- Team presentation to Regional Judges (4 minutes)
- Regional Panel Q&A (5 minutes)
All Regional Judging will take place during the week of April 26, 2021.